Custom Search


I really love getting feedback from you....so please leave a comment
and become a follower of my blog!

Saturday, January 30, 2010

Black & White & Red All Over


Avon Color Last Plus "Persian Red" #114
OPI "Black Onyx"
Konad IP m54 & m74




Sorry for the silly title, but when I was trying to think of what to call this konadicure, that kids' joke, "What's black and white and red (read) all over?" popped into my head. (The newspaper is the answer, in case you never heard that one.)


For this Konadicure, I wanted to feature mostly red nails with a bit of black and red. I used an old Avon colour which I found in still perfect condition. The colour was so even and opaque that I only needed one coat of "Persian Red" to get full coverage. Then I free-handed the black tip going on a diagonal, with the thicker part closer to the thumb. When that dried, I stamped the waffle-like grid pattern over the black tips. To do that I used Konad Special Polish in White on part of one of the full nail designs from IP m74.

Next, I added a few flowers from m57. On the white flowers, I added a dot of "Black Onyx". To make the black flower, I used Konad Special Polish in black, and then I added a dot of Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in "White On". On the opposite hand I did the single large flower on the ring finger and the two smaller flowers on the thumb.

Thanks for reading!

4 comments:

  1. This mani is gorgeous! To me, it kinda has an oriental feel to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great, cuz that was totally the idea I was going for, without using actual asian designs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Thriszha. It's one of my favorite ones!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails