Custom Search


I really love getting feedback from you....so please leave a comment
and become a follower of my blog!

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Green Granite


Splatter design from Konad IP m70 design in Special White
Orly's "Enchanted Forest" (2 coats)


I finally bought "Enchanted Forest" when I saw it on sale at Sally's with a glittery topcoat included in a two-pack. The colour wasn't as green as I'd hoped it would be. It had more of a smoky look than I'd expected. I think the new "Wandering Vine" by Orly might be more what I'm longing for, but it's so difficult to get new collections in Canada, for some annoying reason.

I added the splatter design from m70 in Konad Special White to create a green granite type of effect. Now looking at it, it might have been interesting to go over it again with the same pattern in black.

For the background, I used this blanket I started crocheting after it had been sitting half-finished, bundled in a bag in the back of my closet for about fifteen years or more - no exaggerating. I found the blanket and the yarn but couldn't for the life of me locate the crochet hook. A quick trip to Walmart and I had a spankin' new hook ready to go. The basic stitch came right back to me. Sadly, that's about all I know how to do, but there are so many instructional videos on youtube (who knew people still crocheted!?) that I'm tempted to try to learn some other stitches and patterns. The trouble is, you can't crochet with wet nails, ha ha ha:-)



2 comments:

  1. Just found your blog. I love this manicure so much. COOL.
    I'll be following you. :)
    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for all your kind words, susies1955!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails